Can you believe that what we eat actually makes a huge impact on our brain power and how we function. There are countless articles on what helps fuel our brain to work at its optimal level. Here’s a quick rundown for all y’all.
Nutrition you need:
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that supports your cells in oxidative damage, therefore slowing the process of your cells decline
- Good sources of vitamin E are NUTS (specifically walnuts)
Other Rad Antioxidants
- blueberries (buy organic)
- Usana’s Vita-Antioxidant
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- help with brain development, increase levels of DHA (fight against memory loss)
- Good sources wild salmon, chia seeds and fish oil.
- My favorite is Usana’s BiOmega as you saw in my instagram post earlier last week.
Medium-Chain Triglyercides or “good fats”
- fuel for the brain – think gas for a car
- Good sources are coconut oil
Vitamin K & Chlorine
- brain developers
- A good source is broccoli
- supports blood flow to the think tank
- Good sources dark chocolate (woot woot) & red wine (remember always in moderation) & Proflavanol C
Also add in:
- it’s a fun spice, I like it with tea. My favorite is the Trader Joe’s brand that is Ginger & Tumeric
- Pumpkin seeds
- I know, I know, it’s not technically a food, but it is a food for your body that only helps your brain function at a higher rate
- Again, like exercise this isn’t food, but the benefits are so overwhelming I can’t not add it in here. Try it. Take 5 mins a day. I’ll admit sometimes I don’t get it in, but even sitting still always helps clear the mind.